Thursday 3 May 2012

What's It All About?

I'm still in holiday mode so I profusely apologise for this weeks blog being a day late! Last week I took a break from blogging because I was holidaying in Cyprus - well, technically my oldest friend and I were visiting our friend who is currently living out there with her family! We had a lovely break away from the April showers and it was the perfect environment for formulating a potential blog...


Sitting in the adventure playground that is my best friend's Cypriot garden, watching her beautiful two year old daughter fearlessly whizz around on her tricycle, chatting with the ants, birds and cats alike, I felt very close to having a little piece of heaven! The childhood innocence and joy of discovering new things every day was so humbling and heart warming. Her sheer delight at the sound of the ice cream man's van approaching was one of those moments which you couldn't put a price on! I'm so proud of my friend, raising such a confident and intelligent child, despite being away from the stereotypical network of family and friends. She completely confirms my belief that anything is possible if you really put your mind to it. 


During a day trip to one of Cyprus' many golden beaches, relaxing with two of the very best women I know, I couldn't help but question how there could be any other reason for us being on this earth other than to share our precious time with the people we love. 


It's all too easy to get swept up in the drama of every day life and wonder "what's it all about?", overlooking the very simple things which make a person glow from the inside. The laughter of friends, a smile meant just for you, a hug, a compliment, a coffee and catch up. It's moments like these that help to counterbalance any negatives that may occur in our lives, putting things into perspective. I think we live in a society quick to criticise and jump on our failures, but we all have the power to make somebody else feel special and important... if exercised on a regular basis, then you're bound to feel the love coming right back at you!


So with this in mind, I feel a renewed sense of purpose and resolve, ready to share the spotlight on London as the eyes of the world turn towards us for the Queen's Jubilee and the Olympic Games.

No comments:

Post a Comment